I remember the beginning stages of planning my own wedding. It’s beyond exciting.
It can also be wicked (oh hey New England roots!) overwhelming.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing insights from different vendors, wedding planning tips, and anything in between. If you have a specific question or wedding topic you want to know more about, just ask!
Let’s talk photography styles.
When I was newly engaged, my interest in photography had just begun. I really didn’t know what I was looking for in a photographer. I would see some photographers that I liked, others that I didn’t, and no clue how to figure out what I was really looking for.
And we had a budget!
When choosing a photographer and exploring different styles, here’s 5 things to consider.
1) Green tones: All photographers have their own way of editing outdoor greenery. Green tones in a photo can be desaturated, softened, brightened and everything in between. Pay attention to the greens and consider how your venue’s outdoor space would look in a particular style.
2) Skin tones: Are they orange? Washed out? Natural looking?
3) Shadows and contrast: Is there a lot of contrast? Are natural shadows super dark, or bright?
4) Indoor and outdoor photos: Make sure you like both the outdoor and indoor photos from the photographer you choose.
5) Shooting style: Shooting styles and posing range greatly from photographer to photographer. Some use a lot of posing and direction, some are more candid and unposed. What do you want on your wedding day?
I hope that provides a tiny bit of direction in narrowing down options for one portion of your planning adventure!
TAKE ME TO THE TOP
@2022 ADDIE ESHELMAN PHOTOGRAPHY & DESIGN, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
SITE DESIGN BY DAVEY & KRISTA
FIND YOUR WAY Around
stay in touch, session dates + specials
Join the list
photographing joy from marriage to motherhood
new england, pennsylvania + beyond