It’s the start of a new year, the holiday rush has passed, and it is the slow season for wedding photography which means GOAL SETTING.
Every other year, I have written my goals down just for myself in my pretty little gold photography notebook. I close the book, and maybe cross off half my ideas by the time December rolls around again. So, I’m sharing them this time! If you can keep me accountable or help make any of them happen, I’ll love you forever!
- Rebrand: This one is already in the works, and I’m excited to have a new website + brand design that feels SO much more like me in the coming weeks!
- Set work hours…And stick to them!: Mom life + business + housework is a balancing act. Last year I struggled to feel like I could never find the time to get my work done. This year I’m going to plan out my weeks, nap times, and a few evenings a week that tell myself exactly when and how I’ll find the time to do my thing!
- Plan a styled shoot: I need to make time to shoot what I love, let my creativity run and have fun with it!
- Host a boudoir marathon: Also already in the works! It will be held January 23 so if you’d like to snag a spot, email me!
- Photograph a lifestyle newborn session: Since having Jase, little ones seem so much more special to me than they use to. One of my favorite images of the 3 of us is a quite afternoon just sitting on the couch and I grabbed a self-timer shot from our TV stand because I knew it was such a special moment. Your life at home with your family is cozy and real and I want to document that!
- Update my sample albums: I sent my old sample album to the couple who’s wedding was pictured in hopes it would kick me into gear to make a new one…But that hasn’t happened yet…Soon though…
- Travel with my husband: When Conor + I got married I was still taking 2 classes at Messiah College which meant no honeymoon right away. I was fine with that since it meant something fun to look forward to. But life, babies, and work got in the way and we’ve still not taken a trip together! It is happening this year though!
- Photograph an elopement or destination wedding: OR both…Please?! If you’re planning either and reading this, email me!
- Finish decorating + settling into our home: Friends, has anyone actually accomplished this?! Thankfully all our boxes are unpacked but I still feel like I have so much to do to perfect our home!
- Make some solid girl friends in Carlisle: Moms + Carlisle ladies who want to grab coffee let me know!
What are you hoping to accomplish this year?!
Addie, I love these goals! Can’t wait to see the rebranding! It sounds like you have a few exciting things for 2016. Hoping I can help you out with #5 later this year…if things go as planned. 😉
By the way, if you ever need a babysitter, give me a call. 🙂
Hi there! I’m in Carlisle and, while I’m getting ready to move for seminary (Eeeek!!), I remember all too well how difficult adjusting and meeting people in a town like this can be. Would love to chat and connect you to some of the amazing women and mothers I know!